Themes Program Policy
iGoogle Portal themes are a fun, new way for people to customize and express themselves on iGoogle Portal. To help you create the highest-quality themes possible while ensuring a positive experience for our users, we’ve created this guidelines for themes creation. Your themes must adhere to these Do’s and Don’ts before they can appear on iGoogle Portal. We reserve the right to disapprove any theme for any reason.
- Resolution: Your theme should be configured to be easily re-sized and maintain its proportion as the browser window changes.
- Do make sure your text and images are high quality.
- Images and text in themes must be clear and recognizable, never blurry.
- Don’t remove or reposition the search box and standard iGoogle Portal links.
Do create content that can be enjoyed by all users.
To ensure that all users enjoy our product, we’ve developed a set of program policies for themes. Under the policies, a theme may not display (via text or images) or link to:
- Illegal content.
- Invasions of personal privacy.
- Content that interferes with the functioning of the homepage.
- Promotions of hate or incitement of violence.
- Violations of intellectual property rights, including copyright.
- Any material not suitable for persons under 18.
- Pornography or obscenity.
- Nudity, sexual activity, and/or mature sexual themes.
- Crude or indecent language.
- Adwords or other advertisements (apart from your logo in the attributions area).
In addition, themes may not be distributed on third party pages.
Image and Content Relevance
Don’t mimic system functionality or warnings.
We never want to confuse or mislead iGoogle Portal users, so we require that themes:
- Don’t pretend to be a system or site warning.
- Don’t mimic or resemble Windows/Mac/Unix dialogue boxes or error messages.
- Don’t have mock animated features, such as drop down menus or search boxes, unless the functionality actually works.
Violations of the Program Policies
Violations of our Program Policies can result in the disabling of your gadget, removal of your gadget, being blacklisted from uploading future gadgets and themes, termination of your iGoogle Portal accounts and/or deletion of all your gadgets and themes.
These policies may be revised from time to time without notice.
Back to top